Sunday, February 1, 2009

SPECPOL....EPIC FAIL...jk

Greetings, from Mozambique's lovely GA 4th delegates (Linn and Tiffany B.)!

So today is the last day of the conference...about 1/3 of the committee is here...I wonder if we even have quorum...apparently it was a rough night for a lot of people...

We had an interesting few days....Things took off pretty quickly as we dove into our first topic....pretty soon 13 working papers turned into draft resolutions...not that it really mattered because none of them were passed :-/ However, there were some REALLY awesome moments during the conference. Here are a few of the highlights:

1. Following a failed motion for a 15-minute unmoderated caucus, our chair loudly declared "EPIC FAIL!"
2. Again, our amazing chair brought laughter to la salle de bal centre with her "That's what she said..." comment to a delegate.
3. You know, I think our chair was what made this weekend so great...When a very persistent and obstinate Afghanistan adamantly insisted on dicussion of the division of the question, our chair reminded the delegate "You can keep talking but I'm going to keep talking too until you stop...and while I have a microphone you do not."
4. The Spanish delegate presented a lovely haiku against Afghanistan's proposal for the division of the question.
5. This morning the Italian delegate presented a very lovely poem on our new topic on non-sovereign states and self-determination.

So, even after I (Linn) lost my coat (I left it on the plane from Charlotte to Philly...) and found out a little too late that while my cell phone plan gives me coverage in Canada, it does not, however, cost the same as it does in the US.... (I keep forgetting that I'm in another country!!!! The French signs and language everywhere doesn't seem to be enough of a hint..... ) I have still had a wonderful time! Which must mean that Canada is really awesome, right? Yeah, it is.

And even after I (Tiffany) caught this terrible cold, Montreal has still been an amazing place to see and enjoy! And for the sight of the lovely snow here, I would suffer the cold any day. : )

Oh, and when they tell you not to take a coat to a club...you should really listen to them. (I had to stand in line for 30 minutes last night! lame...) (Linn)

Well, hope you all enjoyed the warm weather! See you Thursday!

Fondly,

Linn and Tiffany B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home